Friday, July 27, 2012

#9. Buy a DSLR


The lovely Viktoria from Sable
It's done! After a few years of dragging my feet and one year of researching, I finally took the plunge and bought a DSLR. It's a long road of learning, but I'm excited for better pictures and better post-production capabilities. It just makes like more beautiful. All of these pictures I've taken in just the first few days.

Setting the table for breakfast.
My pictures aren't anywhere near consistent, but I am still quite smitten with my Nikon d5100. I was sure I'd be a Canon girl, but the d5100 gave me all I needed and more. Plus it fits well into my oh-so-tiny petite hands since it's a smaller camera.

Ridiculously fantastic Bacon Chocolate Sable cookies courtesy of Viktoria from Sable. Recipe can be found here.
Plus I'm excited to rely more on the quality of my photos than the amount of work I spend in fixing /editing. Each picture I shoot is saved in JPEG and RAW formats, so I have a ton of options for editing on top of everything. Rita from the CoffeeShop Blog has also provided a vast resource of Photoshop actions / tutorials that work wonders and let me experiment with my new pictures. I've used other free actions before, but none compare to the quality of Rita's (so go check out all of her fun stuff and support her!). 

Yours truly with a big smile on her face!
I'm just so excited to be at a new level of my hobby, and hopefully, you'll see that reflected in my blog. I hope you're looking forward to the changes as much as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment