Wednesday, June 6, 2012

DONE

Oh wow. The dental board exam rocked me hard. But after hours of studying and nerves, I can officially say it is over.

After waking up incredibly early, I arrived at my testing center and saw that the lovely Andrea from my class was there! It definitely helped to have each other and calm the other down.. :)

After the morning session, I had my second testing session. That one thankfully went better than the first. I was definitely not expecting the caliber of questions I encountered, but all I could do is get through it. And I did, and in a month I know if I passed! Here's hoping I did.

This was my expression after completing my exam. No joke.
So seven hours and 400 questions later, I was done. Kyle started driving to St. Louis so we could have our celebratory dinner. I was frazzled and stopped across the street for a post-exam coffee while I waited. We stopped at the Trader Joe's before dinner -  for a bottle of wine, of course!

This was well deserved.

Click on "Keep on Readin'"  link just after this to continue.
We went to The Hill area not too far from the Missouri Botanical Garden in the Italian part of town. We ate at Favazza's, and it was absolutely fantastic. I was so terribly hungry and drained, so the bread and parmesan pre-dinner extravaganza was very much appreciated.


 Kyle and I celebrated being together for two and half years, finishing my Board exam, and him getting a 101% on a biochem exam.


I just love my sexy, handsome boyfriend. He puts up with me. :)

"Why must she always take pictures of me... perhaps a half-smile shall illustrate this point to her."
We drove home and I made microwave cupcakes since our oven's bake element went out. Just throw the cupcake batter in a paper muffin tin and place it in a small cup (so it retains it's shape when it cooks) for 30 seconds. Don't overcook it or it gets too crumbly.

Microwave double chocalate cupcake with Nutella frosting for dessert
And now that I'm done, I have so much relaxing / living to do in the next two months: reading, beach, excersise, outdoors, sufficient Vitamin D levels (thank you sun), activities, pictures!

"...sleep late, have fun, get wild, drink whisky, and drivve fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love and not getting arrested... Res ipsa loquitur. Let the good times roll."
- Hunter S. Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment